Friday, April 25, 2008

Moscow, the one in Idaho

I visited Moscow, Idaho as a part of the University of Idaho NIATT Advisory Board http://www.webs1.uidaho.edu/niatt/about_NIATT/Advisory_Board.htm. It was my first time visiting Moscow and I found it enlightening. On Wednesday before the festivities began, I walked from the hotel to downtown.  
The Advisory Board talked about how the University of Idaho should move their transportation engineering program forward. There can be both qualitative and quantitative measures, the group was not quick to assign specific quantitative measures, but I think measuring how much research work is done is something that could be on a list of nine or ten metrics.  
As I walked into Moscow Co—op a food store, it was apparent that even in a super small town like Moscow and a red state like Idaho that you could find earth friendly goods and a hippy supermarket. I took some pictures outside the market, there was quite a robust bicycle traffic out front (of course).
 
The U of I campus was a combination of small town community and classic uniersity setting. A lot of twentysomething kids getting oriented to the world, full of ambition, or not, one things for sure they all have a lot of life ahead of them.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: