Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bicycle Commute Challenge Day 5 - Make a Bike Bucket

Today, during lunch there was a Bike Bucket making session. In about 30 minutes I was able to put together a functional bucket pannier for my bike. I am excited about trying this out soon and enjoying a great way to get stuff from Home to Work and back. I was honestly surprised at how quickly it came together and I was told that some of these have been in service for 20 years, much longer than any of my panniers.

All I need is a Stop this War bumper sticker and a Don't Panic, Go Organic sticker and I will be ready to join the Green Party. Seriously, I thought these were kind of corny when I started seeing them around town, but there's a certain allure to these buckets because there's little risk of the bag getting stuck in the spokes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: